Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Spring Break Part 2

My high school best friend from High School, DeeAnne, moved to Pennsylvanian, From Utah, in March! So we decided since we were already in Virginia why not drive the 4 more hours to go see them and their new stomping grounds!! We are super excited that they are only a days drive away (10.5 hrs) They moved to Amish country, so we got to experience some yummy baked goods, and see all the beautiful Amish farms! This shoofly pie I guess is a traditional Amish pie. It wasn't all that great, ha! Basically a molasses pie. But the other berry pies, and cheesecakes were scrumptious!






We basically just hung out and let the kids play and caught up on life. They had literally just moved into their house the week before, so we didn't do much, but I thought that was perfect for a relaxing spring break! We did explore the countryside a bit one day. I tell you they have some funny names for these little towns close by!
The day we got up to head back home Cambree and I both woke up sick. She was barfing her guts out and I wanted to, but I knew we needed to just get home because David and I were planning on attending the Master's Gold Tournament the next day. It was the worst 10.5 hours of my life. I was so so nauseous the entire drive, plus I was so tired, so I was drinking energy drinks trying to stay awake, but then my tummy was hurting so so bad. Luckily after a long nap Cambree felt 100% better. She only had to barf once, and we had a garbage sack and we were at a gas station! by the time we got home I literally crashed into bed, praying I would be better the next morning so I could go to the Masters!
This summer we have plans to take David back up and actually do some exploring around Philadelphia, Hershey, and New York!

No comments: