We started out the Month of February with some warm sunny days! We took a stroll through the arboretum! and soaked up the Sunshine. Little did we know we should have soaked up as much as possible because we would spend the rest of the month under at least a foot of snow and freezing temperatures!
I made the kids some cute Valentine's! I was pretty proud of myself for actually getting them down a over a week before the big day! Cambree took the gum ones and Bridger passed out the popcorn!
Church with this Asher baby is super duper hard. Well actually it's just Sacrament meeting that we have to get through. I am the nursery leader, so the rest of church he does just fine. HA! He is a very independent baby at home, so when you force him to sit with you in a tiny bench at church he screams, literally, the entire time! Most people think there is a Bear attending church!!
One Sunday we cuddled up on my bed with popcorn and watched Meet the Mormon's. I still loved it the second time I saw it too!
Bridger is seriously the BEST middle child. He loves playing with Asher! He also LOVES playing with Cambree! It's awesome, he's awesome! Of course Asher adores him also!
For Valentine's David got me an Edible Arrangement! He said he's always wanted to get one, but we have never lived by one. This year we have one just down the road from us! It was super yummy!
Lately Bridger will either tell you he is a robot or he is a super hero with super speed! He's been obsessed lately! One day it was pouring rain and we had to go to preschool. I parked the car and he would not get out. I said, "Bridger, we need to go into school, please get out of the car." he replied, "Mom, I'm a robot and this rain is going to ruin me, I CANNOT get wet, or I won't work..." He was dead serious. I finally convinced him if he put his hood on, and we went really quickly he would survive getting wet just a little bit! He was relieved when we made it inside, and he indeed still functioned!! HA! His teacher told me when I picked him up that they got to dance like robot's in Music class and he was in heaven telling them all he was a real life robot, but at school he acted human! HAHA!
We carry on the tradition from my childhood of the Valentine's Bug! The kiddos love it, and the Bug leaves a little gift and chocolate!
I made a fancy dinner for the special day and we ate it by candlelight. The kids thought it was so great! Dinner was yummy too! Costco had heart shaped ravioli so I made that with a white sauce and shrimp on top. we also had salad, and breadsticks, and individual chocolate pies for dessert!
On President's day it started dumping snow. we got a good 14 inches by the middle of the week. We had no school all week and it was so so cold. It got to -20 degrees one night. This is the most snow Kentucky has seen in a long long time. (we got another big dumping the beginning of march) The kids played in it a little, but it was so cold outside they didn't last long. plus it was super duper fluffy and wouldn't make a snowman. bummer. We were also snowed in to our house for a good 5 days. we tried getting out one day, and our neighbors had to come push us all the way out of our neighborhood. silly us, for trying!
The snow did make some pretty yummy ice cream!
This is a horrible picture of me, but we went to Knoxville the Last weekend in February to attend, Lilly Pulver's baptism. After the baptism we went back to the Pulver's and visited and played games. It was great to be back in Tennessee, it felt like we were home! while we were there we saw lots of friends! The Peterson's were at the Pulver's so it was great to visit with them. Saturday night we went to Mindy and Ryan McClurkin's house for dinner. We love our Friends in Tennessee! We also made it over to the Grave's house for a visit, and went to the Wade's for Sunday dinner after church. Of course it was fun to see everyone at Church too, and the kids were happy to go back to their old primary classes! Knoxville, Tennessee will always have a piece of my heart, and I'm pretty sure David and the kids feel the same way. When we crossed the state line on Friday night Both Bridger and Cambree started cheering, it was pretty cute!















No comments:
Post a Comment