Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January

Here is January in list form
* Both boys got Strep. Bridger in his throat, and poor Asher on his bum. Apparently it's totally a thing.
*We had a couple warmish days so we played outside, had a picnic, and went to the park.
*It also snowed and the kids played in it. They were way too picky about their gloves, so they came in and out about a million times, and wore every glove/mitten they could find in the house.
*Cambree and I went to the opening night of the University of Kentucky Women's gymnastics with friends.
*Asher discovered he loves hats. I've discovered that he falls down the stairs while wearing too big of hats. Also he mastered the stairs up and down...until he decided to wear sissy's hat down the stairs, he tumbled both times...ugh.
*Asher learned to walk!!! He is still crawling most of the time, but is walking more and more.
*Asher figured out how to get out of the seat belt on the shopping cart. or buggy if you live in the south!
*I've caught Cambree reading her scriptures all on her own before bed. She had David download them to her kindle so now she can read them with the lights out and it melts my heart every night  she pulls them out!! now if she would just remember to brush her teeth on her own!
*we had an adult white elephant gift exchange, that was full of lots of laughs
*Hosted a super bowl party. Sadly our Seahawks lost it in the last minute of the game.
*Cambree started Dance back up and couldn't be more happy about it!
*kids are still enjoying school. I am hoping it's possible for a 5 year old to learn how to read even when he doesn't know the names of any of his letters...This is so frustrating. he can usually tell you the sound, so that is the important part right? we drilled the letter G for 10 minutes this morning....He still can't remember what it is called...ugh...it's frustrating. He can write his name, but can't really spell it unless he sings the song we made up to go with it...but he can't name the individual letters out of order from the song, or without singing it. I am writing this down so that when he does learn to read, and all is well in the world I can remember and laugh, but right now, it's so so frustrating. He did finally learn the ABC song...so I am counting that as a small success today! The boy is smart, he can change batteries, he can tell you all about tools, and body parts, and anything else you want to know, but just don't ask him to spell or read, or tell you his letters...because he will look at you with a blank stare. 
*I got moved out of the sunbeams in church and am now the nursery leader. Asher has definitely been reaping the benefits of getting to play the last two hours of church.
*David is still a counselor in the Young Men's Presidency




















No comments: