Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas Part 4 - Utah

We loaded up the clan Monday Morning on the 29th and headed to Utah. David's brother John was getting married on January 2nd in the Salt Lake Temple. Which is actually why this whole trip came about. We couldn't afford the air fare for all of us and rental car once in Utah, and therefore, we decided to drive, and since we were already driving to Utah we figured we would head all the way to Washington and make a 2 week vacation out of it! Anyway, the Blue's were pretty crummy weather. The road was basically packed snow and ice. It made for some beautiful scenery though. 




In Utah we stayed with some of our very best friends, the Meacham's. DeeAnne and David and I were all really great friends in high School, and she married a guy that we really like too, so it was so fun to see them. I hadn't seen DeeAnne for probably a few years and was great to catch up and let our kiddos play. The kids played so so well together! Mine cried and cried when we had to leave. DeeAnne and I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning almost every night chatting our brains out, but it was definitely great to get girl time in without kiddos interrupting! Anyway, Tuesday we decided to ride the train from their house in Layton to Temple Square in Salt Lake. The kids thought the train was pretty fun!

I think Asher was a wee bit bummed I wouldn't let him out, but I knew he would just want to crawl around on that dirty nasty floor. yuck! So he was stuck in the stroller.

I was so excited to show my kids the lights on Temple Square. Only problem was it was SO COLD. The weather had been so warm before we got there, but this night it was like 10 degrees. It was freezing. So we did no ooohing and aaaaahing over the lights. We pretty much hurried past them to get into the visitors center to see the Statue of Christ.




We did hang out here for a few minutes listening to the nativity story. But by the time we walked away from here, my kids were ready to go. We were the Fackrell clan and they wanted to go to the other visitor center and see the Assembly hall, but by this time my kids were in tears they were so cold. apparently they have southern blood and have forgotten how cold it can get in the North West.

I really wanted a family picture here in front of the Temple. So as my kids were bawling their eyes out we ran to the front of the temple and hurried and snapped this picture. It's a miracle that they are smiling. We promised them we would go across the street to the mall play area if they would just smile for the picture. haha! Then we raced over to the mall to dethaw. Our legs were literally numb. 

This was while we were waiting for the train back home. Poor Asher was a trooper, but he wouldn't wear his gloves so I just wrapped him in this blanket really tight in hopes his little fingers and nose wouldn't have frost bite. Oh, he hated his big winter coat too. (but I made him wear it anyway) Southern kid I tell ya!!

The next morning David and I got up and met up with the rest of his family and did a session in the Salt Lake Temple. Most of us had never done one, so it was a pretty neat experience. Plus it was nice to be in the temple with so much family. Later that evening we went over to where everyone else was staying and played games and chatted until we rang in the new year at midnight! The next day was my birthday and I woke up feeling so so sick. I ended up puking my guts out and after a really long nap I felt much better so we continued on with our Birthday plans. We hired a sitter and DeeAnne and Brandon and David and I went out to dinner, at Tocanos, and then we ended up needing something at the house everyone else was staying in so we went over there and hung out for a few more hours sans children! The next morning was the wedding! The wedding actually wasn't until noon so we didn't really have to rush to get ready which was super nice. we went to the wedding, then they had a luncheon down in Riverton where the reception was and then the reception all on the same night. Asher slept in a dark room through the entire reception it was pretty nice not having to chase him around! It was so great to meet Camille's family and welcome her into our family. We are so happy for another sister and Aunt!! Saturday morning we packed up and headed for home.















No comments: