Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkins

It isn't any news that I am not a big fan of Halloween. so when it comes to carving pumpkins I sorta turn into a scrooge. first I'm just not that creative or talented with a knife when it comes to carving pumpkins. Plus I don't let my kids use the knife either...so it isn't fun for them to just have to sit and watch. We started this tradition when Cambree was super small. like one or something. PAINTING pumpkins! She loves it and this year Bridger got to join her! I always grab a dollar store table cloth and we are set. This year I also grabbed two different face kits at the dollar store for David and I to decorate our pumpkins with.

Bridger also LOVED this activity!






she had to paint every inch of her pumpkin.







Ok this was my kind of pumpkin decorating! quick and easy and it really took no thought!



David's kit came with a bunch o different felt pieces and this is what he came up with! (apparently he just made a duplicate of himself)!







here they are all finished! Also you'll notice the next few pictures look almost identical...but the crazies in the back keep changing and they kept making me laugh so I had to add them all!















4 comments:

Dave and Ash said...

You guys look great!

Jenny Robbins said...

I love that you let the kids paint their pumpkins. So much easier than letting them carve it...or having to do it for them. I saw those kits and almost bought one. They look great!

The Mechams said...

Cute stuff, and i think I recognize that shirt Cambree is wearing . . . ahh good sadie hawkens!!! Miss you guys.

Katie said...

Holy cow! I am behind in my blog reading, and I cannot believe how grown up Bridger is looking. What a fun idea to paint the pumpkins. I like it!