We started Bridger on rice cereal at 5 1/2 months. Originally I wanted to wait until he was 6 months but he was more then ready earlier so I gave into the fact that maybe my perfect little angel baby really did have to grow up!

This was his reaction the first couple of bites. He never spit any of it out so that was a good sign!

Plus he figured out the spoon right off the bat!
This boy LOVES his food! I still mix everything with baby oatmeal and he gobbles it right up. We usually can't get it into his mouth fast enough. Also I think he may eat us out of house and home. He seriously eats a FULL bowl and still acts like he is hungry when he is finished! Silly boy! He is still nursing great too, and won't take a bottle for the life of him!
April 11 - 6 months he found his TOES! I didn't think this would ever happen because we all thought his big belly would get in the way, but he found them and he loves them!

March 28 - 5 1/2 months he figured out how to roll over both ways!

I think in this bottom picture he was a little surprised at what he just did!

He is now all over the place! Luckily he hasn't been one to put everything in his mouth. He rather sit and study it for a long time! One evening at my mom's we were outside and he had found the thinnest blade of grass and pulled it and was holding it in one hand and admiring and studying it with the other. He played with that blade of grass for quite some time and it never went in his mouth. He is also a tummy sleeper now just like his momma!
Sitting up!

This one is still a work in progress but it has turned into a few minutes instead of just a half a second! I still can't sit him down and walk away and I have to balance him really well before I let go. But if I get him good and balanced he will sit up for a minute or two! But I think he rather just be rolling around and exploring and not just sitting in one place. This picture was also the first time I put gel in his hair! What a cutie!
April 26 - He got his first tooth! Well his first set of teeth. The two front bottom two popped up together, his smile is pretty dang cute!
I think he also gave us our first glimpse into the future on Sunday. He and Cambree were sitting next to each other on the pew in Church and Cambree was singing along to the song with her hymn book and Bridger wanted it. He kept grabbing it from her so Cambree finally moved it to where it was out of his reach. Well he didn't like that so much so he reached up and grabbed and pulled her hair. Just like he knew exactly what he was doing. That little stinker! David and I had a good little chuckle about it! He sure is growing up and I am not really liking it. I want him to stay this little guy forever, he really is just too perfect!

4 comments:
I feel the same way about my little Emma, I don't want her to grow up!!! He is really adorable, and I am very excited to see you guys this summer!
I love Bridger's hair in this last picture. He is super cute! You did a great job posting about his firsts and keeping track of them. I'm impressed. I don't feel like a do a very good job of that.
He really is a cutie!! I'm coming home this summer! Lets hang out!
Love the sitting up picture!! He is such a sweet and happy boy...
Post a Comment