Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Something About Christmas Time

We are SOOO excited to be hosting our first Christmas at our house!! I am seriously giddy I am so happy. Like butterflies in the belly and everything! I think David and I might have gone a little overboard...but there is no turning back now! We have still been trying to tell Cambree about Jesus and his birthday and still remember the true meaning of the season. But let's face it...it is a little hard to not indulge in Santa and all of the gift giving! Our Santa brings 3 gifts because that is how many Jesus got...so see we are relating it somewhat!

Now onto the festivities. We went and got our Tree the Monday after Thanksgiving. It was FREEZING. But here is Cambree in the car waiting for daddy to pay and tie it to the top of the Tahoe! What a cheeseball!


Of course as soon as we stepped in the door she had changed into her Tinkerbell dress. This along with two other princess dresses are on HEAVY rotation in our house! David sorta put up a little stink about her not being fully clothed in our pictures, but I assured him we would want to remember her just how she was, and she wears this EVERYDAY! Plus I think she looks like a little Christmas angel helping set up the tree!


This is what Bridger did the entire time we picked out the tree and set it up! he sleeps A LOT! I have a feeling he might be doing this Christmas morning while we are all opening presents too. I figure it will be OK since he is so little and won't remember a thing and plus we don't wake up sleeping babies around here! Although, he is VERY pleasant when he is awake also!


Setting up the tree. It almost fell over once, but we caught it before it went all the way!! As soon as we bought this house I imagined my Christmas tree in that front window. Silly I know. But one of my favorite things about this time of year is seeing all of the Christmas trees in people's windows and imagining what they are doing inside with family! I just can't help it!


We decided (or should I say I decided, and David agreed to help me) to make ornaments for our tree this year. I think after David spent HOURS cutting these puppies out he was wondering why he agreed. and after I spent HOURS and DAYS cutting out paper, gluing, and sanding them I was wondering why I ever wanted to make them in the first place! But I must say I LOVE them on my tree! (they are wood and I mod podged scrapbook paper on them)








Our tree is mostly red, green, and gold. I wanted it to look homemade. I originally wanted to string cranberries, but after it took WAY TOO LONG to make the ornaments I decided to wait until next year to take on stringing cranberries! All of our presents are wrapped in plain brown paper with bows in the coordinating colors!


The finished product!! It seemed like the advent tree for awhile there, because everyday we added just a little more. I was happy when I finally got all of those silly little ornaments sanded!


One tradition in my family growing up, was that we all got ornaments on Christmas eve. Well we decided we would let our kiddos go the first of December and pick out an ornament that represented something that either happened during that year or represented them that year. Cambree picked out Thumbelina. While I was sick and pregnant we watched Barbies Thumbelina about a GAZILLION times. She loves it, I don't. But this ornament was completely HER. And guess what...she broke the wings off the next day. (Hallmark ornaments are not cheap...grrr) So here it is sitting by the computer waiting to get fixed. It still isn't fixed, but I hung it on the tree broken anyway.


We picked out this cute little sweet pea for baby's first Christmas.


This is the Kid tree those ornaments will hang on every year! I love having a kid tree!


More decorations! This is in the front room where the big tree is.

Our fire place and the little Christmas village my mom and sister bought for us this year!


The nativity on the entertainment center.


We also have another nativity that Cambree has been playing with non stop. I LOVE listening to her play with them and make up conversations for them. so so funny. She calls the wise men Gentlemen!
We are headed to Moses Lake tomorrow for the Byington Christmas! I will be there until Wednesday! I also have a drill team christmas party that I am super excited about. I can't wait to see everyone!

3 comments:

Arianne said...

I love the ornaments that you all made!! David is a GREAT guy (just like Howard) to help! Your tree looks beautiful! I'm happy for your sweet little family!

Dana Scarbrough said...

I absolutely love your tree ideas!

Ty Robbins said...

Bridger is way too cute!

Your tree looks amazing! I can't believe that you made all of those ornaments yourself! I'm not so ambitious. Haha.