Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Sunday, September 6, 2009

SO SAD :(

We picked up a 4 month old black lab mix puppy this morning. His name was Charley. Cambree and he became instant friends, seriously it was crazy how fast they loved each other. That is how I knew he was going to be our puppy. Well we brought him home and played out in the backyard for a little while. Then we had to leave for church. Our backyard is ALL fenced in so we thought, no problem we will let him explore and David would come and check on him during Sunday school. Well as we were pulling out of the driveway I mentioned to David that he could possibly dig out from under our fence, but then we hurriedly dismissed that and figured he would be alright. Well David came home to check on him and he was GONE!!!! (dug out from under our fence). Now let me just say that the entire way to church Cambree was in complete meltdown mode because she wanted to stay home and play with "her Charley." Anyway, we have spent since 3:00 until now 6:00 looking for him. knocking on doors, posting fliers, calling the police department, leaving messages at the animal control place, so far nothing. What makes it worse is that he had no collar yet. Cambree just keeps crying that she wants to find her Charley, it makes my eyes teary every time and again while I type this. Who knows if we will ever see him again. He was going to be a great dog, he was so calm, and didn't bark the whole time we had him.

Oh Charley I wish you would come back to us, we really did want you and Cambree already Loved you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that is really sad. I would let you have Sage, but she is an excape artist. Hopefully he will come back!

Ashley Millward said...

Oh man I am so sad for her, we have had our dog since a year before we had Gabe. But they are best friends. I hope you find him!

Dana Scarbrough said...

SAD SAD SAD! Oh my goodness, that's the dog we want, I can only imagine how sad you are. Hope you find him! As soon as you do, get a collar!

Emily Rasmussen said...

Oh, that is so sad! Good luck!

Lori said...

So Sad.... I was hoping for a happy updated post this morning? Any sight of Charley?

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Youch. I do hope you get him back.