Fackrell Family
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
The Ultimate Embarrassing moment
Yesterday I HAD to go to the grocery, I had already put it off so much that we really had no food in the house. So off we went to Winco. Cambree wasn't the greatest for me, but I finally told her if she sat in the cart quietly she could have some cookies. we finally get everything rung up at the register and when I opened my wallet to pay I HAD TO MONEY!!!! I went grocery shopping with NO money. a few days ago Cambree was playing with my wallet, I caught her in the act and didn't think she had taken anything out, there was nothing on the floor. But later that night David found my debit card and a few other things from my wallet in the bottom of the dirty clothes hamper...grrrrr, that little sneak stashed my stuff in the bottom of the hamper. I was already in bed so I just told him to set on top of the dresser. Well fast forward to yesterday....I had COMPLETELY forgot, as most pregnant women do, that my debit card was still sitting on top of my dresser while I cruised through the grocery store! Luckily the cashier was SUPER nice and it really didn't back up the line, she just suspended my purchase while I ran home and got my card. (I could have used my credit card to make it not so embarrassing....BUT....Winco doesn't accept credit cards, so I had no choice)! Luckily my house is a block away so it only took my like 10 min. to run home and get it, although, while running home my low fuel light came on, and I thought, oh wouldn't that make this story even better, if I ran out of gas!! Luckily that didn't happen!!! Still SO EMBARRASSING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh that is the worst! That happened to me at a Subway once. I didn't end up getting my sandwich. wah wah
oh man. Kids! Can't wait to see you!
We have all had days like that! Your mom and I could tell you some really good stories!! Talk about embarrassing!!
That's funny because I caught Wyatt with my wallet and I was just thinking when I went to the store, what if my debit card it not here. And isn't it nice only living a block from winco. We live close too. Good thing everything worked out for you.
That's funny! I've totally done that like twice. One time I did figure it out before I got to the register and sneakily stashed my cart somewhere I didn't think greedy people would look through it. Ran home and grabbed my wallet and came back. :)
Good thing you have pregnancy to blame it on...that was always my excuse when I forgot something!! Roger knew I was just over using it all the time! LOL
Thats funny, I have been there and done that. just one of those mother things we have to have happen at least once I think
Oooo, I have a Winco story, too! Similar, but worse - I guess because I didn't get my groceries.
Jaren and I had been married maybe 1 month and I convinced him to let us shop at Winco because he would rather get it at Albertsons or Sams Club. So we went to the Temple, then went strait to Winco - my BC made me very sick and so I was hungry, tired and not feeling well. But I was in a pretty good mood with filling up my cart (WAY FULL). We get to check out, Jaren gives the lady his credit card - she says no no, we hadn't gotten our Debit Card in the mail yet, he doesn't carry checks - we were screwed. I'm crying, there's a huge line and to top it off, the couple behind us offered to pay. They said, "Looks like you guy's have come from a good place, we know you'll pay us back." But my husband doesn't accept things like that - ever. I was like, I'll take them a check in the morning!! Nope. We left the entire FULL cart of groceries there and walked out. Over 200 dollars. It was horrible... At least your house was 10 minutes away - mine was 45 minutes - ONE WAY.
:) Makes for a great story! And a VERY long comment.
Hey Tiffany- I got those flip flops at old navy for $5. They have tons of colors too.
you're lame, blog something already!!! how am I supposed to see how cute Cambree is if I can't even see pictures of her?
Addisyn takes everything out of my wallet, too! Luckily I always check my wallet...like once before I leave the house, and once before I go into the store...just to make sure I really have my money...sounds a little excessive/compulsive, but kids are definitely sneaky!!
Post a Comment