Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jotting Down Thoughts

Just for the record books, this is what has been going on.


* I went to the Temple three times last week. It was wonderful. My father - in Law had a couple family names that needed to have the initiatory done on them. Tuesday night when David came home from work I went over and did them and a few others. It was a nice little getaway from my normal nightly routine. The names that I did were David's Great Grandma and Great Great Grandma. Although, I didn't ever know these two lady's I couldn't help but feel close to them. Then on Saturday My in Laws and Jeremy and Tiffany came down and we did the endowments for them and sealed a Daughter to them. It was a wonderful day to spend with family.

* On Friday my cousin, Parker, went through for his own Endowment. He will be leaving on his mission February 4th and going to Bogota Columbia! I was remember that morning how I had spoke at his baptism and it really didn't seem that long ago. How did he get old enough to serve a mission? The crazy part was that their was another missionary going through the same session and he was going to the exact same mission. They had also lived in the same dorm down at BYU last semester but did not know each other, crazy! They treated us to Olive Garden afterward, YUM!!

Here is some eye candy for this probably rather boring post!


* Monday my mom came down to find a swimsuit for her Hawaii trip in just a couple of weeks. (it was her surprise birthday present) We treated her to more Olive Garden, seriously I could eat their soup, salad, and bread sticks on a daily basis!!! Cambree was super sad to see her leave Monday night!

* Tuesday was a historic day for our country. The 44th President of the United States was sworn into office. Barack Obama. He is the first African American President for our country. My brother, Colby, was in attendance at the inauguration and said it was awe inspiring! I watched some footage on my own T.V. and couldn't help but feel the spirit of everyone in Washington. I felt a sense of peace and invigoration.

* We got a new car! (more on this in another post when I get some pictures)!



* Our old friends came and visited us today. Andrew and Eliza stopped by to play after an appt they had in the area. It was good to see them. Andrew and Cambree hadn't played since we moved away from here after our internship almost a year ago! Thanks for the play date!


* We are headed to Moses Lake tomorrow. David is going with his parents to Dream Duals (wrestling) to watch Spencer on Saturday. Then on Sunday our niece, Ciara, is getting blessed and my cousin, Parker, is giving his farewell. It should be a fun weekend! We love living so close to family!

* This girl of mine does not stop talking. She is constantly cracking me up!! She has a lot of words too and they are so clear, at least I think so! One funny thing though, if she doesn't know what something is called she just says "Santa" I don't know why, but she does. Sometimes it drives me crazy because she says "Santa" a lot during the day and I don't know what she wants! She gets a little frustrated with me too!

5 comments:

scott & ashley said...

sounds like you guys are having a blast! us on the other hand are having our own fun with a night owl for a baby..seriously, we haven't been going to sleep before 4 am everyday since the hospital...then she got her shots and that just added to the fun!! sorry we've been such lame neighbors, but we should get together once you guys get back!

Cassidy said...

I'm jealous of this whole post!! Temple, mom's, hawaii, home, even dream duals. haha. I miss you. I hope your mom has a blast in Hawaii!!!! Cambree is just TOO CUTE!! Did I mention I miss you????

Dana Scarbrough said...

hey, I hope its okay I found your blog through someone else...
This is Dana and Cambree is more adorable every day! I love it that she say's "Santa" for stuff she doesn't know- too funny! Awesome that you got to go to the temple so much too!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Thanks for letting us come over and visit, it was nice for us. Sorry Andrew wasn't in one of his best moods. That is awesome that you had the chance to go to the temple so often lately. I think it is cute about the "Santa" thing and pretty funny. Definitely something you want to remember and tell her later.

DJ and Melissa said...

So I saw Spencer when I went to watch Brennan practice with all the little boys in mat wrestling. He was so good with them and Trent told me he is the team captain. That's super cool. I hope he does well. Now that you're in Washington again we need to plan to spend time together.