We went to the African Children's Choir tonight. I really can't come up with any words that will portray these beautiful children and there amazing talent.
We laughed. We cried. We clapped. We cheered.
They had SO MUCH energy. Seriously look them up on youtube, you will be amazed!
I wanted to take them all home, give them all money, go back to Africa with them and find every child and tell them I loved them. This choir is AMAZING, and MORE than just a choir. After they tour they go back to Africa and get an education. The choir is part of a school. They get degrees, and they encourage them to stay in Africa and help there brothers and sisters in Africa. I think most of the kids are 7 to 12 yrs. They sang, they danced, they played the drums AMAZINGLY! They were talented. They told the story of Africa and they told their own stories. These children are strong.
I made David buy me a CD and we both got T shirts, just because I wanted to donate something to there school, to them, and to there message.
If you EVER have the chance to see them - GO!! (They are the same choir that sang for the president of the United States, On American Idol, and for many more important events) Check out their website and see if there is a concert near you! http://www.africanchildrenschoir.com/
3 comments:
I LOVE the picture of David holding Cambry upside down, that rocks, I think i'll make Miles be that next year, so we can pose like that! she made a cute chicken
I saw that they were coming here and wanted to go. I see I missed it. I have loved them every time I have seen them on TV. Really, they are moving on TV, I can't imagine what it would have been like live!
I'm a bit jealous :)
I can't figure out how to use this dumb blog thing very well. Maybe I will delete it already. I can't seem to add friends. I don't know!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment