Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I VOTED!

Embarrassingly so this was the first election I have voted in. Last election I WAS registered, but for some reason I never got my absentee ballot and I was going to school in Utah so I did not vote. This time when I changed my name on my voter registeration I made sure the absentee ballot box was doubly marked. David and I sent our votes off yesterday. It felt good to get them done and in the mail. I keep worrying about my signature though. My pen stopped working halfway through my last name...I had to go over and over it a couple of times, I hope it actually looks like my signature. I guess there isn't much I can do about it now!!! I do hope someday I can actually go to the poll though and get an I VOTED sticker!!!!

Addendum:
I went to the gym tonight just so I didn't have to sit through all of the election stuff, I got home right at the tail end to see who won and to hear John McCain's speech. Pretty good timing I thought. Barack Obama made history today, the first African American President. Although, the candidate I voted for did not win I felt calm about the decision America made. I realized that apparently enough people saw enough good in Barack Obama that so many voted for him then I am alright with that. I think our country is going to see a lot of changes, but I think we need some changes. I didn't agree with everything McCain stood for either. I am an American though and I am going to support the good things that come and the good changes that will occur. I am still going to abide by all of the laws and do my part to teach my family the principles of the gospel. We need to more than ever teach our children in the home, that would have been the case whom ever the President was. We can't let the world teach our little ones. Just as our Church leaders have told us, now is the time, more than ever, we need to remember Family Home Evening, scripture study, family prayer. I will continue to pray for the leaders of our country and I will pray that Barack Obama will be guided in the right direction to lead our country. Congratulations Obama!

3 comments:

Arianne said...

I voted too!!! don't you love that we can!!

I forgot that you were in Rexburg! You could of seen Sue and LaVar, and all of us! Anya lives at the Ridge. She loves it there. Saturday night there was the most beautiful sky behind the Temple, I took the best pictures!!

One of my best friends has a daughter named Kambree, she is on my list (the Blair family) They have never seen another Kambree before so I told her to look at your blog.

Keep in touch!

DJ and Melissa said...

I love you Tiffany. That's exactly how I would have felt if McCain won. I feel blessed that we actually had two great candidates this year.

Kevin and Eliza said...

I'm so sorry about Cambree being sick. I think that is worse than the mom or dad being sick. Especially at that age. They don't understand why they feel awful.
I think I've heard before that getting a flu shot can cause you to feel sick. Hopefully that is all it was and she doesn't barf anymore. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Cambree was adorable as the chicken. I loved all of the pictures!