Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Monday, October 13, 2008

WhirlWind Wedding Weekend!


We are back, I don't think I have had a faster weekend in my life. It was a bit crazy. Saturday morning I woke up early and headed over to do Jorden's hair. She showed me some pics of what she wanted and I think It turned out beautiful, and I think she really liked it, phew! Anyway, when I got her finished, I headed back to our hotel and had to get myself and Cambree ready. Cambree ended up grabbing the curling iron that I was using to curl her hair, a little mishap, but not a big deal. We had to actually be checked out of our hotel before we left so David and I were RUNNING to get everything packed and ourselves ready to get up to Salt Lake to the wedding. We got out a little later then we wanted, but didn't think it would be that big of deal. Well when we got to temple square there was no place to park, my family had told us to park at the conference center. We had NO CLUE where that parking was, and since it was underground it was a bit hard to find, we had to turn around. So lots of minutes waisted. We were pushing close to the sealing time. We finally got into the temple, dumped Cambree and our stuff off and then we were sent on a wild goose chase. Every temple worker just sent us to the next temple worker, who just kept sending us to waiting rooms. Finally I told the last guy, who tried to send us to another waiting room, that it was 11 o clock and that was there sealing time, I was pretty sure they were already in the sealing room. He finally sent us to the right lady to talk to, who quickly told us where to go. We RAN up three flights of stairs!! We were the last people there...arg! Oh well, we made it, it was a BEAUTIFUL sealing. Elder L. Tom Perry did the sealing for them, He is a relative of John. It was awesome how everything he said was perfect and totally geared toward the bride and groom.

The weather was FREEZING. It was actaully snowing before we all left for the temple. Jorden absolutely HATES the snow, she was a little upset it was snowing on her day. I think she survived though. It was also raining pretty hard when David and I made it to the temple, but I think the Lord was still watching out for my sister because when they came out of the temple for pictures. The rain had completely stopped. Thank goodness! It was still freezing, but I think we handled the cold way better than we would have handled snow or rain.

After pictures we headed to South Jordan area for a luncheon. The church heater was not on and it was FREEZING in there! We ate and hurried to the reception hall to take more pictures! If you noticed there really was no room for any naps for my darling and now very very grouchy girl! She HATED pictures, because that meant she was being held or had to stand still, it wasn't going to happen!! The reception was great and beautiful and full of lots of yummy food. We finally rolled into bed around midnight. It was a VERY LONG and BUSY day!

at the reception.

oh look a little smile from Cambree without the binky. I am sure someone was doing something ridiculous to get this small smile from her!

This was mostly Cambree all night, roaming the hall with her bottle and binky and nobody touching her!

doing hair! (sorry I am feeling too lazy to put these in real order)

coming out of the temple.

so cute, so happy!


BEAUTIFUL !

our family, the only way we could get Cambree to be happy while taking pictures!

SISTERS!

beautiful and fun cake! Those are artichokes, so cute huh! and the J. covers all names, Jorden, John, and Jolley! PERFECT!

Love you guys!



Grandma and Cambree

this was "survival mode" At one time she had two forks, one in each hand, and was sitting on the floor eating all of the little girl's cake. Then she would get up and try and find the next victim!! Really I think she only ate a total of one piece so I wasn't too worried!! Jorden's little girls, that she nanny's, were there and THANK GOODNESS they were, Cambree pretty much followed them around and ate cake with them!

This was one of Jorden's girls. Cambree LOVED dancing the night away! Toward the end everyone formed a circle on the dance floor and people were dancing in the middle. Cambree danced her way into the middle and was showing ALL of her moves, We were all laughing really hard. She even did a headstand!! Oh she was HILARIOUS dancing all night! That might have been the highlight of the day, well besides the actaul sealing!

more dancin!

our Family!

We made it home last night. We stopped and had lunch with David Aunt Maren and Uncle Orsen in Perry. It snowed a lot yesterday. My parents actually ended up staying with us last night becasue the freeway was closed at treamonton to get home, so they came up here and left from here this morning. We woke up to a little snow this morning, it is melted and overcast. We never got fall here, I hope this is just a freak weather thing and it will be fall later this week.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Jorden looks beautiful and it looks like a great wedding! Glad you had fun.

The Mechams said...

Oh I wish I could have gone it looked like such a wonderful wedding, you will have to tell Jordan I thought she was absolutly breath taking...and you know I don't say those things lightly.

Mike and Lisa said...

I loved the cake! Very creative. Looks like it was a great wedding...you can't even tell it was cold or snowy/rainy at all from the pictures. They look great.

Kevin and Eliza said...

How exciting for your sister. She looked beautiful and I loved her dress. What a unique and pretty idea for the cake. How awesome to see Elder L. Tom Perry up so close. So glad you guys made it, that must of been kind of frustrating trying to find the right place to be.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You did a beautiful job on Jordan's hair, Tiffany. Really pretty.

I could feel your stress as you couldn't get to the right temple room on time. Ack. I hate that feeling. Glad you made it.

Cambree's outfit is darling. I love her shoes.

Ben and Cortney said...

Arent weddings great? Looks like you some good pictures in despite the craziness. Congrats to Jordan, and that is totally awesome that she had an Apostle preform the sealing!!!

bet you are glad to be back home.

Lori said...

Thanks for the post. Just attended Jorden's beautiful reception here!! She looked beautiful, but we missed you guys. Not sure who was happier, Jorden or your mom.