David and I left Cambree with a sitter (OK, it was one of my friends from the ward) and we went to a Halloween Concert on campus. We actually have to go to a lot of these types of things this semester to fulfill a graduation requirement! I will be honest I wasn't really looking forward to the concert. A date with my hubby without kids, yes, but not so much the concert. I am not a huge fan of Halloween to start with, and then when I found out it was an orchestra, I was thinking it was either going to be a snoozefest, or some really cheesy Halloween "spooky" music. Well people I was PLEASANTLY surprised. We both LOVED it. As soon as I walked in the theater and saw the set I knew it wasn't either of the options I had already thought of, I was relieved! It was a pirate theme, all of the cast members were dressed up. The conductor was Captain Hook. The men's chorus was involved also, and also dressed as pirates. There was singing and dancing (as good as a cast of men's chorus pirates can be) some acting and beautiful music from the orchestra. We laughed, we clapped, we were moved! Before we left I was hoping it was only going to be an hour, when it ended at exactly an hour I really didn't want it to end so soon, ha!
This Saturday we are going to the African Children's Choir, now this one I am REALLY looking forward to. And next week it is Extravadance, so EXCITING!! We still have a play and a few other things to attend!!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh I miss BYU-I so much for that exact reason! FA-100 can be a bit of a pain, but when it's good, it's good! You'll have to tell me all about The African Children's Choir, I'm so jealous!
O good ol FA 100.
I put it off forever. Then my lil sis came up in January and I made her sign up for it so I could have someone to do it with and get it out of the way. She'll thank me later that I got it out of the way for her her first semester.
I heard the Haloween dealy was fun :)
I remember going to the Halloween Concert at BYU-I and I also enjoyed it. I don't remember all the details, but you just took me on a stroll down memory lane. I liked going to the FA-100 things. I didn't always like having to go and getting myself there, but I pretty much always enjoyed them once I was there.
I hane a question, under our "Awsome Sites" there is "Biggest Loser" but I can't open it. What is that?
our family is doing a biggest loser, it is a blog for our progress and what not...sorry It is staying private!!! hahaha!
Post a Comment