Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day = Mt. St. Helen's

For Labor day we loaded up our car and my in laws car and we headed over to Mt. St. Helen's with the Fackrells. It was a fun day. Cambree did really well with the long car rides and the long walk through the caves. We went to the Ape Caves, which are lava tubes and really cool! we stopped along the road a few times to eat and to look at the beautiful scenery, but all I have pictures of are the Caves!

This was the opening to the cave.

This is how Cambree traveled through the caves.

About 3/4 of the way through the cave Cambree started crying for me so we switched. I thought she was going to fall asleep on my back, but she never did. She did really well, but when we finally got out I think her poor leg had fallen asleep because she could not walk. it reminded me of watching a newborn calf try and walk moments after birth!!

Inside the cave!

Dani and Spencer

This was the opening from the inside of the cave.

this is Cherie, Jeremy, and Tiffany coming out of the cave.

On the way home we drove past Multnomah Falls by Portland, OR. We were going to stop and have our dinner there, but they didn't have a picnic area. So we drove a few more miles to Bonneville Dam and it had the coolest fish hatchery, and a Sturgeon taller than David. Definitely a place to go back to when we move back!

1 comment:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Looks like fun. I'm not a huge cave person, I'm actually kind of claustrophobic, but I enjoyed your pictures. Caves are really cool places.