So I don't know if any of you have ever been in Provo on the 4th of July, but they have some crazy people there. We drove down University Ave. on Thursday night and there were chairs, blankets, and people everywhere staking out there spots for the Parade the next morning. These people spend the night saving there spots. It was crazy. they had huge projector screens playing video games, huge BBQ's going on, dance parties, it is pretty serious stuff. (sorry the pics are not very good and they don't do it justice, the setting on the camera got switched and by the time we discovered it we were moving again) On a side note my mom and sister were a part of these crazy people one year, but not this year!
The parade was a parade, i didn't think it was anything spectacular. Cambree was a little hard to keep reined in, she pretty much just wanted to run everywhere. She would sit for a few minutes if things were passing by, but as soon as there was a break in the parade she wanted nothing to do with us or our blanket. She really just wanted to push the stroller around, but there were too many people that the only place she had to push it was in the street. Why can't my child just sit still and sometimes I wish she was a little scared of strangers, but she really doesn't care who she wonders around to.
My cool chica!
Auntie Jo just got back from a month in Japan, it was good to see her!
After the parade we went to John's house (Jorden's Fiance) they have a fun pool and we swam and had a BBQ. Cambree loved the swimming pool. But as soon as she discovered she could be out of her little floaty she did not want back in, and she did not want me to hold her, she pretty much just wanted to be on her own, only if she could swim, crazy girl! We did dunk her a few times and she didn't even cry. She loves the water!
I am sure you noticed this is the third swimsuit Cambree owns, she is a true girl!
We went to a park for fireworks, and it was a bit of a nightmare. We got there two hours before the fireworks even started and Cambree of course just wanted to push her stroller everywhere. There were a million people there. Mom and I took turns letting her walk around and push her stroller, but then it started getting too dark, that I was afraid I would never find where everyone was sitting so we made her sit with us on the blanket, she pretty much cried until we left because she hated to sit with us. I thought maybe when the fireworks started she would sit and be fine, but that only lasted about two minutes then she didn't care about them anymore. The show was actually pretty good, and had an amazing finale, I just wish I could have enjoyed it a little more!
I felt like I was just chasing her around everywhere we went all day, I was glad to be home on Saturday with David!
While we were in Utah my brothers and David went camping. They talk about it non stop and had a blast! They hiked up 10 miles to this beautiful lake!


David said the weather was perfect!

On there way home they stopped at some other little trails and found this cool arch.

I think we have finally rested from our travels and all of our visitors. We are now gearing up for a Platt family reunion in two weeks! It should be fun with a crazy 16 month old who doesn't like to sit still at all!

1 comment:
Looks like a fun trip. We are NOT coming to the reunion. We are going to Pocatello this weekend for Taryn's (Janelle's daughter) baptism and then Zach is blessing his baby on Sunday. We just couldn't make both trips this year.
Post a Comment