Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Crazy Busy Week in Washington

So I realize I have been a posting maniac, and I really wanted pictures for this post, but my brother forgot to email them to me before he left for football camp. I will have to add them later, but I wanted to write about our week before I forgot. This may be long, you don't have to read it, I just want it for my records.

Saturday: We arrived in Moses Lake on Saturday the 7th of June about 6:00 that evening. My mom had gotten me tickets to the dance recital of one of the company's in town, that I also clogged with. I was super excited, especially since we were missing the extravadance that we had purchased tickets for in Rexburg. The dancing was great, I will admit, I cried. I know I am weird, but since having a baby I am the biggest cry baby ever. I miss dancing and performing, I really hope my kids will want to dance so I can go to all of their performances and recitals. They also did one of the clogging numbers that I did, it was fun to see. I also saw Samantha, we only chatted for a second, she was in town for a family funeral also so it was good to see her.

Sunday: I really don't remember much from this day, except that Cambree was a MONSTER at church. Even my mom had had it with her! We ended up just leaving after sacrament to give her a nap, she was in ultimate meltdown mode. Later that evening we went out and visited with Trina. She had lots of toys for Cambree to play with, and she learned how to say baby!

Monday: We had a big BBQ for all of the graduates in the family. Congrats to: Jordan, Dillon, Matt, Meredith, and Jeremy. It was SUPER windy, but we all braved the wind and enjoyed ourselves anyway! It was great to see family all week and hang out with them so much. Cambree loved all of the attention.

Tuesday: We had lunch out at Trina's as everyone was pretty much arriving into town. Then we dropped Cambree off with my mom and David and I went to the viewing for Uncle Tom. Again it was great to see so much family and friends. We really felt Loved all week. I had never been to a viewing before so I was really nervous, but I was okay with it and it was actually really good, and everyone seemed to be doing really well. After the viewing we all headed over for Amanda's bridal shower, she got a lot of fun things. I still can't believe they are going to be living in Hawaii! I think we may have to visit!!

Wednesday: The funeral was this day. My emotions were on the surface. I couldn't seem to get a handle on them. Between all of the gratitude I had for the gospel and for everyone so supportive and for all of the service that was shown to our family it was almost overwhelming. It was a beautiful service. Lots of laughter and tears. Uncle Tom had a huge heart and it was great to hear the stories and remember the happy times and the things he accomplished in his life. Sadly we missed the dedicatory prayer out at the grave site. They buried him in Warden, and by the time we stopped for gas and got out there they were already finished, David was pretty upset because he was a pallbearer (sp?) I told him Uncle Tom still loved him and it would be alright, but he was still having a hard time with it. On a side note, my mom watched Cambree all day so that we wouldn't have to be chasing her all over, it was great, thanks mom! That night we put Cambree to bed at my parents house and went over to the Fackrell's and watched a movie! It is nice just to spend time with everyone. I think that was my favorite part about the entire trip, so much family that you were getting hugs from different people all day everyday, I loved it!

Thursday: My mom, Cambree, and I went shopping ALL day! And David threw a bachelor party for Matt!

Friday: We all had breakfast at the Fackrell's. My father in law can cook up a mean omelet! Then the men went golfing. Mom, Cambree, and I stayed home and pretty much just relaxed. We didn't do anything spectacular, it was nice!

Saturday: Wednesday and Saturday were are busiest days, we seemed to never sit down! We got up early and headed to the temple for Matt and Amanda's wedding. I had actually left my recommend in Rexburg, since the wedding wasn't the first thing on my mind when we left. But luckily they got a hold of my bishop and I was able to go in. The sealing was beautiful, they always are. After the sealing we headed right out to go look at housing for when we move back in December. Then we headed to Othello and had a BBQ with all of the family. We had to leave there early to pick up Cambree, from my mom who had a ward activity she was in charge of. I tell you Cambree got a LOT of Grandma Byington time this week, I think they both LOVED it!! We then went to Melissa (Redford's) reception, saw a lot of great friends that I hadn't seen in a long while! Then we headed out to Matt and Amanda's reception! I do love wedding receptions in Moses Lake I get to see a lot of people I wouldn't otherwise and it is always nice to catch up! Also Amanda is my super good friend, Cassidy's sister in law so I got to see Cass a lot this week and chat with her a little! I love seeing so many friends when I go home.

Just a funny little side note everyone thought David was Matt, I don't know how many times people would come up to David, give him a hug, and tell them they were so sorry to hear about his dad. David would tell them it was his uncle and they would step back and realize what they had done! I felt really bad for them, you could tell they were so embarrassed, David and I just thought it was really funny. We always knew they looked a lot alike and he had been mistaken for Matt before, just not so many times in such a tough situation.

Sunday we drove back to Rexburg. Cambree was a pretty good traveler. All week she had lots of attention from all of her aunts, uncles, and cousins (well David and my cousins, so whatever that makes them to her, I don't know!!!) Although, I think it is safe to announce that she will be getting her first cousin in December! We couldn't be happier for Tiffany and Jeremy!! She learned lots of new things this week. she added baby, grandpa, and MAMA to her vocabulary!!!!

We are now trying to adjust to our regular routine again. We have been catching up on all of our sleep (well Cambree and I are, David would think otherwise for himself, he is just trying to catch up on school work he missed all last week) And I think Cambree is trying to adjust to just me around and not a million kids and other people that are much more fun to play with! But my mom is coming on Monday so we are excited about that!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

I'm just a super good friend? That's it? I was sure we were so much more. haha ;) It was fun seeing you guys too. Busy but fun. Bummer we didn't go to lunch.