I am beginning to think my darling little girl is never going to let me have a good nights sleep again. Well that isn't all true, every so often she will sleep through the night, and Oh does it feel great. It just only happens probably once a month. So here are all of the things I have tried to get Cambree to sleep through the night, I am now at a loss of what my next strategy should be, or maybe I should just come to terms with the fact that she isn't going to for awhile.
* let her scream (for hours)
*go in and lay her back down with her binky without eye contact, no talking, and very little touch
*rocked her
*picked her up and snuggled her for a few minutes
* given her something to snuggle in bed
*put on more blankets
*taken blankets off
*put a nightlight in her room
*put a humidifier in her room
*put her in bed with me (luckily that one didn't work)
*gave her tylenol (during teething time)
*given her a bath (before bed and in the middle of the night)
*fed her rice cereal and nursed her right before bed (that stuff sticks to your bones)
*Given her a bottle of formula and nursed her right before bed
*not given her a nap
*made her bed softer
*begged and pleaded with her!!!
those are just a few things I have tried...still no success!
on a more successful note Cambree has learned lots of new things. she waves all the time and says hi! she has also learned to clap and say "yeah." She has also started to let go of things when she is standing up, just for a few seconds, but all of the same she is doing it. Plus she is very successful at getting into everything!!
now I am off to take a nap!
9 comments:
Tiffany! You poor girl. I am always desperate to sleep in a little and that's even when my kids sleep through the night. Good luck!
I know, it's a lot of work. Shannon even still comes into my bed every once in a while. You should try just one thing, and stick to it for a while. Good Luck! :)
http://www.parents.com/parents/story.jsp?storyid=/templatedata/parents/story/data/6199.xml
I saw this article and thought of you. Most of the stuff you tryed already, but who knows....Hope something works.
OH my poor tiffy, the only comfort I can offer you is that, You are a good mommy and that has to count for something. And she has to get older eventually and with that will come sleep, its a sad trade off but inevitable. Love ya
Hey girl. I hear your pain. Carter still gets like that every once in awhile. I've noticed a few things make a difference. I'll call you. Unfortunately, all kids are different. I do know that we just have to be patient and like Megan said, just stick to a schedule. I'll give you a call. Love you girl, hang in there.
I know how you feel...Cayden wanted me to rock him back to sleep or let him sleep with me til he was almost 2. I tried everything that people recommended but nothing worked. Eventually he just grew out of it...probably mainly because his sister's bed was nearby and that was comfort for him, I don't know. Either way, unfortunately you can try everything...but it really all comes down to when your baby wants to change!!! I know that's not comforting but I've found it's the truth!!!
I felt it necessary to leave my comment because you don't have any non-baby raising friends on this comment portion. . . .so I would just like to say I'll be thinking of you when I wake up at 11am on saturday!!!! Ha ha ha hahhhah h ahha hah hhah hahhhah!
Tiffany, wow, you have the cutest little girl ever! Looks like she is lots of fun. Sorry about the sleep thing... I too can relate to sleepless nights, its miserable. Where do you live? Yes, we have lived in Alabama for the last 2 1/2 yrs cause Dave went to law school, but we are moving back to utah this week actually! I am so happy you said hi. You need to update me on your life a little more! Keep in touch!
Hello!
It Cami and Jason! it was nice to hear from you! Your lil girl is cute too! Im sorry she not sleeping- ours isnt either and weve tried everything too! It no fun! I do have a blogspot-however i have no clue how to use it! but its jasonandcami.blogspot.com! There isnt much on it but hopefully i will add more soon! hope all is well with you guys!
luv c&j
ps do you know how to get ahold of chad?
Post a Comment