Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Monday, June 4, 2007

Our short trip to Washington

We had a successful trip to Washington over Memorial Day Weekend with our little baby girl. We were originally going to leave Rexburg early Thursday morning, but my husband gets crazy ideas sometimes so we actually ended up leaving Wednesday night at 10:45. I know this is crazy. But Cambree slept the entire way with only waking up once to eat. This is her typical night so that was good. We surprised everyone when we got into town at 6:30 in the morning. It was really nice to get an extra day with everyone. And I know my mom enjoyed showing her off at work! Then on Friday morning we got up early and headed for Seattle for my cousins wedding. The wedding was very nice, and that was the first time I had been in the Seattle Temple for something other than baptisms! Then we headed up to Everett for there reception at the monte cristo art gallery. It was beautiful, and Oliver Garden Catered!! Great food! Cambree again slept the whole time we were traveling everywhere. She got a little cranky at the temple after the wedding because everyone wanted to hold her. She is definitly not a pass around baby, she is very picky about who holds her and the position you are in while you are holding her. It makes me laugh sometimes. I didn't realize babies can tell if you are standing up or sitting down! Leave it to my baby girl to know the difference. We stayed in Renton Friday night and on Saturday my mom took Cambree for a few hours while David and I had some time to ourselves. It was wonderful. We did a session at the Temple, which was great because I hadn't been in awhile, and then we went to lunch. We met my mom at my aunts house in Maple Valley and we had some family pictures taken. Funny thing, everytime they were trying to take a nice family picture Cambree was screaming. The big picture at the temple, the family pics my mom was trying to get, and then when we were at my Grandparents 50th celebration she was so happy until they said ok ready smile, and then she started screaming, so every picture this weekend there she is, the screamin meany!!!! She really does have a hard time with crowds and lots of comotion and everyone wanting to hold her. I feel kind of bad, but I guess what can I do. She really isn't that bad with me at home.

This is Cambree's Aunt Danielle reading her stories. She loved it!

This is Cambree the morning we left for Seattle sitting in Grandpa Byington's big lazy boy!

Anyway, on Saturday we went to Ellensburg and stayed with Tiffany and Jeremy (David's sister and her husband) we had a very nice visit with them. Then on Sunday we headed back to Moses Lake and had a big dutch oven dinner with all of the fackrell and boyce family. it was great to see everybody, but yet again Cambree had to endure all of the passing around! Then on Monday we had a big dinner and reception for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. Cambree was pretty good this night, or at least did better than I had thought she would, but she didn't get passed around too much, although whenever somebody else tried to hold her she would scream. Silly girl. I guess I have a "velcro baby." Then on Tuesday we made the trek back to Rexburg. Holy cow it was a big, busy weekend with lots of traveling. Cambree was an Angel when it came time to be in the car for hours at a time though. Thank goodness!! She was definitly exhausted when we got home though!

No comments: