A few weeks ago David was giving a talk in church and right in the middle of the talk Cambree leaned over to me and said, "Mom, I don't know why, but my eyes are starting to cry!" It was so cute, it made me cry. We had a good little talk about the spirit and how it makes us feel.
Yesterday while Driving to school Cambree asked me to look at the road. I couldn't see what she was wanting me to, so I asked her what was there. She told me there was a stick on the road, and the car next to us just tripped over it!! HA
As we were driving home from Dropping sissy off at school Bridger was telling me all about his school, (he doesn't go to any schools) in the midst of the conversation he mentioned Dr. School. I asked if he wanted to go to dr. school to become a dr. when he grew up. He excitedly said, "No, mommy's are dr.'s)! Ok, so I asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, and he even more excitedly exclaimed, "Just like daddy!" then after a few second pause, he says, "I'm going to be REALLY strong!" Fast forward to last night. The missionaries were over for dinner and one of them asked him what he was going to be when he grew up. (it had been at least a week since our last conversation, so I was anxious to hear what he would say) he again said, "Just like daddy!" Buddy I hope you do grow up to be just like daddy, that's a good thing to aspire too!!!
Bridger has become afraid of ghosts. I'm not sure how it started, probably just the age. but nonetheless he thinks we have ghosts upstairs in his bedroom. Well last week he ran up to get his shoes from his room and didn't realize his sissy was up there also, and I don't think she realized he was up there either, and something happened with her turning off the light I think, but anyway, it triggered Bridger into thinking there was a ghost up there, so he comes running down the stairs screaming bloody murder. I thought he had fallen down the stairs and was terribly hurt by the way he sounded, so I come running around the corner to him standing there perfectly fine, screaming, "there's a ghost, there's a ghost!" and his sissy is slightly laughing and trying to explain to him that it was just her turning off the light. Well when that explanation wasn't calming him down, she yells, "Bridge, There is nothing scarier in this house then Daddy!!" I thought David was going to fall over laughing. He use to tell her that all of the time when she went through her monster phase too! Super cute, and funny. Anyway, long story short Bridger now believes the Holy Ghost lives in our "basement" (it's really the attic, but Bridger calls it the basement) and is now a very scary thing. We had to have a talk about how the Holy Ghost is also called the spirit and it is what makes us happy and it isn't scary at all. we pretty much have this same conversation daily. Also what makes this story a little bit more funny was that he was getting his shoes on so we could get out the door to go watch Hotel Transylvania! Luckily he loved the movie and didn't suffer any nightmares or anything! HA
P.S. I know I've got a lot of catching up to do, I'm hoping to get it done sooner rather then later. I miss documenting our life!



1 comment:
Super cute! I love the one about Cambree in church. That is precious!
Post a Comment