I forgot I was going to tell you the story about our trip over to the Great Wolf Lodge. Here it is. it's not all that exciting but we definitely miss our Tahoe. Pretty much we drove over a very large rock and it tore up the whole underneath of the Tahoe. We had to call our insurance company who then called a tow truck and a lot of hours later we were back on the road in a fancy shmancy rented suburban with 4 adults and 4 children! We petty much had no other option but to straddle the rock and hope that we cleared it. Well we didn't, we were also maybe hoping it was a snow chunk that wouldn't do damage, and well it wasn't that either. The insurance ended up totalling it. It had a bent frame and a huge hole in the oil pan, and probably issues with the engine. (they never actually got into the engine because they had already reached the worth of the Tahoe before then, apparently frames are pretty dang expensive! We took the check from the insurance and bought a small car. It is a 2000 Dodge Intrepid that only had 44,000 miles on it, plus a HUGE trunk! We really do love it especially with the gas prices being over 4 bucks. But we definitely do miss the Tahoe especially when we have extra kids over and I think, "oh not a problem, I'll just throw them in the car and we can go to the store, or wherever we need to" then I remember I now have a small car, yeah that part stinks. And we will see how we feel about it after our first camping trip this summer...we might REALLY be missing the Tahoe then! It was also really really deceiving when they drove it out of the shop so we could clean it out. It looked so nice and shiny and all the damage was underneath so it looked perfectly good. It was super sad to just drive away from it.
See doesn't she look fine? We miss and definitely loved this Tahoe!!
1 comment:
Sad day, that sounds like a hard experience.
Post a Comment