Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Friday, April 20, 2012

Bye Bye Binky


Apparently Blogger is changing stuff and I can't figure out how to format this post how I want it...I can't even figure out how to get the writing before the first picture. anyway, we got rid of Bridger's binky and how sad is this, I don't even remember when it was. I'm pretty sure it was back in February sometime. Maybe like the first week or so? I don't know. but since taking it away we have found Bridger in some crazy places sleeping! (well actually since we took the side of his crib off, which was like a year ago, he has been sleeping in crazy places, when we go in to check on him, but it escalated after the bink was gone for a little while, he has since gotten a LOT better about staying in his bed)
(these pictures loaded the wrong way...sorry) We tied his last binky we could find to some helium balloons and said, "bye bye binky!" Literally minutes after these pictures were taken I took him in the house and put him down for a nap. surprisingly he didn't even cry for his binky. He did ask where it was, and I said, "remember we said bye bye to your binky and you are a big boy now. His lip started to quiver but you could tell he was trying to be so big and not cry and he said with a sad little voice, "bye bye binky." I'm not gonna lie it sort of hurt my heart, but he did it and it was definitely nice not having to look for that stinkin thing all the time!



one last suck before they floated away!


2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, man, you are an inspiration! Kaden LOVES his bibi (what he calls his binky) and I dread the day we have to say goodbye. How old is Bridger now? Just wondering at what age you bid it farewell. I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Kaden will be two in August, and I was thinking sometime after that??? Anyway, way to go, Bridger! What a brave boy!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Man your kids are big Tiffany. I can't believe Bridger is big enough to get rid of his binky and that Cambree is so big. You just got married and yet you've been married forever. Time is funny like that.