
I got a phone call tonight telling me my dad was very mad at me because it had been a week since I updated with pictures! Sorry to anyone else who wanted more pics too...! Quite frankly we haven't been up to much. Let's see I could tell you how we scrubbed our floor by hand with a magic eraser, or how we went grocery shopping, or how I did a million loads of laundry, or how I changed a bunch of diapers and made some meals, or how I got Cambree a million "cookies" and "dinks" because she thinks she needs to eat and drink ALL DAY LONG! It just all seems really boring! But we are just trying to plug along until we move.
Ok some good news, we are on Day 4 with out "mimi" (binky) during the day. I sorta gave in when we were all sick, I just didn't want to listen to her cry for it. But finally I cracked down. The first day she cried for it periodically throughout the day, I just had to distract her. Now she will ask for it but when I say no it doesn't seem to phase her much, she will just accept the no and go on with playing! Now that I think about it that is quite the milestone for her and a big task, so maybe we have been busy!! haha
for one of her distractions we made playdough!!

sitting on the counter waiting for the playdough to cook!

She didn't really like playing with it. She would touch it a little but not really care to play with it. I thought she would have enjoyed it way more then she did. She lasted maybe 5 min. then she wanted to play with her other toys!

She did try to taste it, but since it had 2 cups of baking soda and a cup of corn starch in it, I can imagine it was pretty nasty!!

Friday night we watched one of Cambree's good friends, Ethan. Then they watched Cambree on Saturday night. here they are watching "Nemo."

For some reason Cambree liked rubbing Ethan's head. She likes all things soft and fussy, his hair must have been pretty soft!! she also tried kissing him a few times, the funny thing was he wanted nothing to do with her and kept pushing her away. I finally had to tell her to stop trying to kiss the boy, ha!! Let's hope that goes away soon!!

Cambree has been LOVING books lately. I am sorta getting tired of reading the same ones over and over again. Luckily when we move we are going to put the big bookshelf in her room and fill it with all of the children's books we have in storage. Maybe the bigger variety will help us out a little!!

I realize Cambree has the binky in this next picture, but this pic was taken a few weeks ago...when I was still weak!

On other Cambree news she learns new words everyday and makes us laugh everyday. My favorite word so far is probably temple. It is so cute how she says it something like "bemple." Although, her attempt at banana today was pretty hillarious!!
We opened a can of olives today, she loves olives!


8 comments:
any relation to a Wendell and Mallory Fackrell? It's just not a name I have heard much!:)
We would love to have you down to play!! Our downstairs is a major playroom so I'm sure the kids will have a blast. I made playdoh a few weeks ago and Lydia kept telling me it was poo and it was icky. It took her a while before she tried it out (I made spiders and snakes for her to "squish").
BTW-I'm so glad you aren't sick anymore. That was a miserable bug.
Wendyburd - I don't know. I asked my husband and those names are not ringing a bell. Where are they from? There are actually a lot of Fackrell's that we are related to but don't know...does that make sense? My father in laws family is sort of crazy and mixed.
Not sure where Wendell is from. I know Mallory from Connecticut, we grew up in the same ward when SHE was little, LOL. Mallory teaches at a school in Memphis, so they are in tennesse.
What is it with kids and olives that is so fascinating: I have to admit that I occasionally still put olives on my fingers too.
Oh my gosh! I came across your blog and can't believe how big she is getting! How are you guys doing?
I had to go through the same thing with Alissa and the binky, we called it a plug!! We finally had a plug burning party, she put it in the burning barrel, then we had cake with family! She never asked for it again. I heard that someone brought there child to Build a Bear, the little girl put her plugs in the bear and they sewed it up, she could feel them in there, but knew the bear was taking care of them for her.
Just some ideas, good luck!
I'm glad that you are all feeling better! We were sick for the past week or so too...it really makes you feel out of the loop since you can't go anywhere! Anyways, cute pics! She's adorable!
Post a Comment