I LOVE Sunday drives. When I was younger we use to go on a drive most Sunday's. Luckily I married a man that loves them too! We haven't been on one in a long time. probably because of gas prices and our little addition to the family (Cambree). Yesterday was a beautiful day for a drive. We found the coolest waterfall and some super cool campsites. The whole time I was wishing I had grabbed my camera, there is some beautiful country around here! Cambree seemed to enjoy it too, for the most part. We probably drove a little too long, so by the end it was dark and she was tired and grouchy. We did get out at a couple places and let her run around. Although, she has no fear, and would have just walked off the end of the waterfall if we were not holding onto her for dear life. It was a perfect Sunday drive.
Saturday was a pretty nice day. Sadly David was at the school doing homework for the majority of it. He finally came home to take a little break around 4:00. We headed to the park to ride the carousel. I have been waiting for it to open so we could take Cambree. it finally opened over Memorial Day weekend. She LOVED it! David and I loved seeing her so excited!

this is while we were waiting to get on. she would not look at the camera she was just staring at the horses while it went round and round.

still waiting!

Finally our turn. Still no smile for the camera, but I promise she was smiling! I think she was in awe that she was actually riding one of those horses! it was super cheap, and we will probably frequent it this summer. along with the splash park right next to it, that is free!!! Now we just need some warm weather that will stick around! Today's weather is looking promising.
Saturday night we had a ward party that got rained out. Oh well, we got free dinner! And the rain really didn't stick around for long, but everyone split when it started. We are on the activities committee so we had to stick around to clean up, I guess the short stay made it nice for us to get cleaned up at a decent time! We also got a ton of leftover food. The perks of being on the activities committee!
4 comments:
the rain has been around reno too. but at least it makes water falls possible as well as quick clean up! :O)
A carousel would be so fun! How fun to have a free water park. I love free things. I have found water parks here that Andrew loves to play in and they are free, which is perfect for us.
I luv carousels!@ What lil addition are you talking about? I hate gas prices!
Cami: the little addition was Cambree! We hadn't really been on a drive since she was born! Nope you didn't miss anything!! HAHAHA!!!
Post a Comment