
Our trip to Washington was short, but it was a great weekend. There was lots of family, and we almost felt kid less all weekend. Cambree and I got to Moses Lake early Friday morning, about 7:00. Cambree did not want to go back to sleep, and I was dying to crawl into a bed. I didn't really sleep all that well in the car. She finally crashed in bed with me, that never happens, and we slept for a couple of hours. Then we got up and went to my sister's bridal shower! She got a lot of nice things, and we got to see some great friends. David got into town about 6:00 that night. We took Cambree over to the Fackrell's and David and I went to the lip sync contest with my family since Colby was participating! His group did an AWESOME job! I think they did WAY better then the 3 place group, but oh well. They didn't place.
Saturday we got up and went out to my parents house for family pictures. Who likes family pictures? it is always a rough time. Cambree did not want to be held or sit still. We were outside so all she wanted to do was run around and pick all of the dandelions and play with the rocks. I think they got a few shots. (when I get my family to figure out how to email them to me, I will post one). Then we headed to Othello for my cousin's wedding. It was beautiful. and she looked beautiful. It was surprisingly short sweet and to the point! We stayed and ate and chatted with the family for a little bit and then it was back to moses lake for the moonlight parade!

all of the cool cars and the beginning of the parade.

the Moses Lake float, which no longer carries the Jr. Miss ladies. It wasn't that spectacular, a little bit of a let down.

of course we had to add the genie lift! My father in law works for them!

This is Cherie, my sis in law, playing her saxophone for the junior high band! they sounded great!
Sunday we got up and went to church for John's farewell. He did a great job and there were lots of family and friends there. We had a BBQ back at the Fackrell's house and visited and ate lots of good food! Then that night we went over to my parent's house to say goodbye to all of my family that was in town and sat around the fire outside and made s'mores!
Monday we went to breakfast at the church with the Fackrell's and then headed out of town. It took us FOREVER to get home because we made a few stops to shop and sight see! It really was the longest trip of my life it seemed. Cambree was dead tired when we rolled into town at 12:30 in the morning! overall she was a pretty good traveler. I think on our drive back she was so tired and so sick of being in her car seat, but finally fell asleep for the last little bit!
My sis made Cambree a new headband with interchangeable flowers, she is just too cute!! And got lots and lots of love all weekend! I think she thinks I am pretty boring this week!

In other updates, our bathroom is slowly getting put back together. still no showering, and everything is still in our bedroom. They did get the ceiling up yesterday and have come and gone to mud and texture. I think they should be painting next week. It is still pretty dirty in there, and does not smell very good! It is a little frustrating since it is the only bathroom we have!
Cambree is still pretty petite. She is 20 lbs. finally (13%) and is 28 3/4 in. tall. (9%) she still eats pretty much everything we put in front of her, and is definitely one giggly girl. She loves to be outside and is walking everywhere. she has learned to say shoe, ball, and Jesus. I am not sure if she will ever catch on to mommy! her favorite words are definitely "HI" and "daddy" she will say hi to you until you finally respond, it is pretty funny when we are in the grocery store and she is constantly saying hi to everyone until they finally acknowledge her! But if they say hi first she pretends to be shy, what a goof!
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun time. I absolutely love the headband. She looks super cute in it. I'm glad that your bathroom is getting fixed.
We need to get a visit in soon!! I'd love to see how the girls are together. Glad you had a safe trip.
Three things. One: I am so jealous that you got to be in Moses Lake for Spring Fest. I was just telling Chad how sad I am that my parents aren't there anymore and he'll never get to experience it. Two: How dare they not carry the Junior Miss gals on the float. That is so lame. Three: THAT HEADBAND IS TOO CUTE!!! How did she make it? I want to make one for my niece on the way!
Post a Comment