Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Good Old Rexburg

First off, it is FREEZING here! It was sort of funny we woke up Thursday morning and opened our blinds, and we saw everyone out and about in short sleeves and no jackets, we were thinking sweet it is warm outside, then we opened the door and decided we still needed our winter coats!! I guess these guys just thought it was spring because the sun was finally shining! Every time I walk past our thermostat I turn up the heat, it is seriously freezing! Luckily there is no snow here, and we are hoping, along with everyone else, that we brought the sunshine with us!

The drive here was very uneventful, which was a good thing. Cambree was a perfect little angel. Seriously she never whined or cried. I just gave her lots of snacks and she was a charm! She really didn't even sleep until the last two hours of the trip. I was hoping she would actually be awake then to jabber away because that was when I was starting to get pretty tired. David and I had walkie talkies, so I just started rambling to him so I wouldn't think about being so tired. We rolled into town about 7:30 Wednesday night.

In a way it felt like we were coming home. I mean Rexburg was our first home as a married couple and it is also where we had our first baby. There are lots of memories in this little town. It is good to be back. Although, we are missing the paychecks and LOTS of things about Washington, but we are trying to enjoy the last months we have here.

We are pretty much all unpacked. The only boxes left are the pictures to hang on the wall, and a few things to put on our bookshelf when we finally pull it out of storage. I think that is our job today!

Sorry this is like the 5th post without pictures. I don't even think my camera has batteries in it, hmmm and I should probably find it. I promise the next post will have some pictures!

4 comments:

deannegalloway said...

We are sad to see you guys go. But, I'm glad You'll be back in the area before too long. I hope it warms up there soon, but it might take a little while (don't worry, this weekend hasn't been too nice so far) Hope the last of unpacking goes well, and stay in touch!

Emily Rasmussen said...

congrats! I always dream about moving back to Provo because it holds all our first memories. But I don't think we ever will. You're smart to try and enjoy your last little bit of time there. Way to go on unpacking so fast.:)

Kevin and Eliza said...

It's crazy to think that you don't live in your old apartment any more. We are going to miss seeing you guys. We hope everything goes great for your family while you finish off school. Good luck with the unpacking and keep us posted on what your family is up to.

Anonymous said...

WOW HOW ARE YOU????? Long time no see!!