Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Back to the Doctor...UGH!

So I had to take Cambree back to the doctor this morning. She had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics they gave her the first time around. Poor girl took like 3 naps yesterday and then after the last one woke up with a rash all over her tummy and back and head. It didn't look serious enough to take her to the ER so we waited it out until morning. I did get up a few times in the night to check on her and make sure she was still breathing, yes I am paranoid! She woke up this morning and still had it, so off we went. She has also had a pretty stuffy nose, and I was getting worried about her being dehydrated because she will barely eat or drink anything. According to the scales at the doctor she hasn't lost any weight, so that is good. And her lungs still sound good, phew! So the doctor prescribed some decongestant hoping that will help clear up her ears too. One ear is doing a lot better, the other is still a little red. He didn't want to put her on more antibiotics just yet with the rash and all, so hopefully this decongestant will help and the fever won't come back. He did write me another prescription just in case the fever did come back and the ears weren't getting better, so at least we won't have to go back!

As for the dehydration thing, well we went and got lots of popsicles, sorbet, jello, kool aid, straws, and pedialyte in hopes something will interest her and we can get some liquids in her! The more fun and different they are maybe the better, is what I am hoping!

A few more boxes packed!

4 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Oh I hope she gets feeling better!

Emily Rasmussen said...

Bridger went through the same thing. A double ear infection and then he broke out in a rash all over his body. It was a month long battle. Whenever I think back to it I still can feel the stress of that time. I hope she gets better soon!!!

CAMI said...

Oh I hate packing- we just started the whole process of it all- I find i almost want to get rid of everything and start new! if only it was that easy! Sorry about the doctor drama- i know how you feel!

The Pruitts said...

What a cute little girl you have, I'm sorry she's been so sick...that's no fun. This is Krystal (Jake Pruitt's wife) He says hello, we're glad you found us. I'm surprised people read our blog, I hardly ever post anything but am getting better. Jake is part owner of a company called Platinum Protection, and we live in Utah county. You guys are a cute little family and I'm adding you as a link so we can keep updated!!! I hope your little girl is all better soon!