I know I won't do this post justice, but I want it recorded and I want everyone to see the pictures.
So way back in September we went up to the Virginia Creeper. It is a 17 mile bike ride on an old Railroad in the Virginia Mountains. It's about 2.5 hours from our house. It is pretty much all down hill and you barely have to pedal. It was seriously magical, I don't know any other way to explain it. The leaves were just starting to turn colors and fall off the trees. so as you would ride down the trail pretty much in a tree tunnel the leaves would slowly twinkle down around you. Cambree and Bridger were pretty much squealing with delight the whole time. well beside the 5 minutes of screaming from Bridger right before he fell asleep for about an hour in a half! We stopped and had a picnic and let the kids run around at the little playground. It took us about 3.5 hours to ride the trail because we did stop a lot along the way to eat, play, and take in the beauty. The trail is also along a little river so it was nice to listen to the rush of the water. There were many times I was riding behind David and Cambree, listening to Cambree giggle and thinking, "man this is the life, I am so blessed, and I love my little family." On the way home I told David the south was doing a pretty good job of winning me over because it really was a perfect Saturday activity. These pictures aren't in any order, and really don't show you the beauty of it all, but just looking and them make me smile, and make me count my many many blessings.


Magic I tell ya!
Bridger was sleeping at this point so we didn't get a picture of all 4 of us.
Cambree was on a trail a bike behind David and once we finally figured it out, she loved it. She could do lots of little tricks on it and she loved when I would cheer her on from behind!
we crossed a lot of these fun little bridges.
This country we live in is such a beautiful place, and I am so so happy that my little family is exploring it! If you come visit us in the spring or summer or fall, we will take you here!! You know you want to experience the magic!!
3 comments:
How cool!! I wish Bo and I would do more of that. Maybe we'll just have to visit you!
We are going to do this with the Young Women next fall! Your pictures have me thinking I need to also do it with Chad and Kaden a second time. It looks awesome! I am so excited now! :)
That looks incredible! How fun.
Post a Comment