Cambree started Kindergarten all the way back in August. School started here August 14th. But they do a slow start with kindergarten where only a few of their classmates go at a time the first two weeks of school. So her first day wasn't until August 20th, and it was just a half day. They started all day everyday on the 28th. So she goes to school from 7:45 until 2:45. She rides the bus home and Bridger and I pick her up at the bus stop about 3:15. She loves school and she loves her Teacher, Mrs. Holbrook.
First day of school Breakfast. She usually struggles eating breakfast in the morning. but I knew that if she was going to make it through the day I had to find something that she would eat. So far every morning she has a blueberry waffle and she gobbles the whole thing up!
She jumped right out of bed that first week of school because she was so excited. But you can see she still has those tired eyes.
She was pretty excited when we found this backpack with matching lunch box at the outlet mall! I was pretty excited when I saw the price tag, and that it didn't have some sort of cartoon character on it!
(just a side note, we had already bought our van, but when we bought it, it had some work that needed to be done, so we purchased it with the deal that the dealership would do all the work on it free of charge, and they gave us a car to use while the van was in the shop. This car was a 2013...and both David and I hated it, ha! But it did the job so we won't complain. I know, if i didn't explain this, years from now I would be staring at this picture trying to figure out what car that was, haha)!
She looked so little in that big school!
Although, she was SO excited she was also pretty nervous.
Ok, so I didn't explain the bus thing as well as I should have. We drove past her bus stop multiple times leading up to the first day of school, and pointed out anything that would make it familiar so she knew where to get off. And I laid down strict rules that If she didn't see me at the stop she was not suppose to get off. Well, what I failed to mention was that the bus was going to stop at other places before it got to her stop...oops. She was pretty upset. The bus driver told me she was bawling her eyes out every time they stopped and it was not her stop, and I was nowhere to be seen. An older girl sat with her the first couple of weeks to keep her calm. Anyway, when they finally got to her stop and she saw me she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her to give me a huge hug and bury her head in my legs and cry. I think she was so happy to see me an be off that bus.
When I finally got her calmed down and we talked about how I rode the bus when I was little she declared her favorite part of her day was riding the bus home! HA! She still says that is her favorite part. I'm glad she wasn't traumatized by the whole experience! I still drive her to school in the morning, because the bus comes entirely too early for our liking.
When I finally got her calmed down and we talked about how I rode the bus when I was little she declared her favorite part of her day was riding the bus home! HA! She still says that is her favorite part. I'm glad she wasn't traumatized by the whole experience! I still drive her to school in the morning, because the bus comes entirely too early for our liking.


4 comments:
She is so cute! Love the bus story.
OK so the car story made me laugh, because when I got to that picture I was so confused, since I knew the car wasn't your Intrepid, but I also knew it wasn't your van. I for one am glad you explained it!
It's so fun to see pictures and hear about Cambree and school, although it is still surreal that you guys are on the other side of the country now! I'm glad to hear that Cambree likes school so much!
Cute pictures and fun to hear the school stories. Wow 7:45 is early!!! I can barely get my son to school on time at 8:50 :) I'm ridiculous, then again I've never been great with being places on time. Oh my heart went out to her about the bus ride and her crying.
Poor thing! Glad she wasn't traumatized. I remember sharing many a bus ride home with you! :)
Post a Comment