We stayed in Bellevue at the Coast Bellevue Hotel. This was the view from our room. The Hotel wasn't anything fancy but it was a good price.

Friday morning we woke up and hit some thrift stores and then headed down to Pike's Place. I have to say I have NEVER driven in Seattle, or really a big city at all. So the fact that I navigated around this huge place and got us where we wanted to go safely was a pretty big deal to me. I was pretty darn proud of myself!!

Trisha had never been to the market so of course we had to stop and watch the fish throwing!

They always have beautiful flowers and lots and lots of them!

The famous gum wall...Let's be honest, is really rather disgusting! I couldn't look at it for very long before I wanted to start gagging.


I love just walking down to the pier and taking it all in. I think it is so beautiful and peaceful down there.

more views of Seattle.

After we left Pike's Place we went back to shopping!! Most of the shopping we did was at thrift stores. We SCORED big time at the Value Village in Kirkland. We resorted to taking pictures instead of running back to the dressing rooms where the mirrors were! HAHA! (clueless anyone)!

This outfit cost me $18 from head to toe. The shirt was $3 the skirt $10 and the shoes $5!

I stole these pictures off of Trisha's blog, thanks Trisha! But that's why they are smaller too, sorry.
Our hotel view at night.
More thrift store shopping! (note, I did not buy those glasses, but some that were MUCH cuter)!
Driving over the bridge from Bellevue into Seattle. This is where I started panicking that I was going to be driving in downtown Seattle...EEEEKKKK!
Friday while we were there was the first nice sunshiny day they had had since like November so everyone and their dogs were out and about. Trying to find a parking place that didn't cost us an arm and a leg, literally, was a JOKE.
FRIENDS!
see everyone and their Dogs were there...poor little doggie, check out the shoes!! HAHA
more of the sites of Seattle.
We some yummy food. Friday we hit up the Cheesecake Factory and Chipotle. Saturday we had directions to a conveyor belt sushi place in downtown Seattle. Well the exit off of the freeway that we needed ended up being under construction so we had to take the next exit and try and backtrack. Well we weren't doing very well with trying to find it and the traffic was of course insane so we decided to just park and walk. Well we ended up walking 14 blocks in the WRONG direction. So by the time we walked back to our car we had already walked 28 blocks and wasted two hours. SO we got back in the car and headed back to Bellevue where we knew we had seen another conveyor belt sushi place. By the time we got there we were STARVING! but it was definitely worth it because it was SO GOOD!!! I still think about it! YUM!
hahaha! can you tell I was hungry!!!
This was all the damage we did!!! But I must say most all of our shopping was done at thrift stores or at the outlet so really we got a LOT of stuff for not really all that much. It was AWESOME!
We're thinking about Portland or Spokane for the next one...anyone wanna join?! It really was a great great weekend!
3 comments:
Hey, you look lovely! And I would do Portland over Spokane any day of the week.
Tiff- I will fly up to go with you. I NEED a weekend to myself. After Austin's transplant I hope we can plan something!!!!
I will meet you in Portland. Randy's cousin is always finding good things at their thrift stores and I always want to go.
Post a Comment