Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Portland Getaway

At the end of March David and I made a weekend trip to Portland. Thanks to my sister for watching the kiddos for us! We had a super fun and relaxing time! We went down the Thursday morning just in time to make it to the Portland Temple for Varon and Mandy Larsen's wedding. (I didn't take any pics at the wedding. I stole this one from facebook)!

It was a nice sealing and the Temple was gorgeous, as was the newly married couple! I had never been to the Portland Temple so it really was a treat! After the wedding we went to a nearby church and they fed us a yummy lunch of fried chicken and ham. YUM!

Then just one exit away we found our hotel that we ended up getting an awesome deal on and it was seriously in the middle of everywhere we wanted to go so it worked out perfectly!


After the wedding and lunch we headed south to Woodburn and hit up the outlet mall there! We were still stuffed from lunch so we just grabbed a Jamba Juice on our way back to the hotel. Oh man how I miss Jamba!

Friday morning we woke up and found Ikea! I was seriously so giddy about going there, because I had never been, that David kept laughing at me. I was being a serious giddy girl. I know I am crazy! Anyway, we walked around Ikea for a couple of hours and picked up a few odd and end things. It was fun not having to chase kids or anything like that!! We were going to eat lunch in there little cafeteria but after we took our stuff to the car we decided not to go back in. But as we were leaving Ikea we found a conveyor belt sushi place that we happened to stumble on and decided to give it a try. OH MAN, it was the yummiest sushi I had had in a long time. David and I still talk about it and I crave it every once in awhile. It was so fun to pick whatever we wanted as the sushi just traveled around the entire restaurant! YUM!

After lunch we headed downtown Portland to walk around and see the sites! We found a visitor center in decided to take a gondola ride. The little old man working at the visitor center was nice enough to take us out and explain their public transportation for us. If you stay within a certain area their public transportation is all free. So we hopped on a couple buses and street cars and made it over to ride the gondola and see some of the city from on high! HA




It just goes up to a hospital so there wasn't really all that much to see but it was still a nice little ride and had some beautiful views!


You all just stand in here. They pack as many people as they can in!






After we made it back to our car we did a little more shopping and then we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner!! Can anyone say Avocado egg rolls! Oh man my mouth is watering right now!!! We actually just split our meal because there was no way we would be able to eat our own! Then we found a movie theatre and ended the night with a movie. (I can't remember what we watched...I'll have to ask David)!

Saturday morning we got up and checked out of the hotel. Then we walked around a little strip mall that was WAY OUT OF OUR LEAGUE until lunch time. We had all intentions to find Bajio for Lunch. But the night before we had found a Macaroni Grill so we decided to head there for lunch. BUUUUTTTTT they didn't have my all time favorite thing on their menu anymore...we should have got up and found Bajio right then and there... but we didn't. BOOOO. Oh well the food was still good. But Bajio probably would have been better! Then we stopped at Multnomah Falls and hiked around a bit!


The view from the bottom.



The view from the bridge.














The views from the top of the falls. David and I were both slightly disappointed at the top. I think we had a bit higher expectations. You couldn't really see the falls because the platform was in an odd place. But oh well. It was still a nice hike and good exercise!



(I think this pic was supposed to be rotated...oops...just turn your head)!







We drove the rest of the way home in a heavy downpour of rain! Such a nice trip just the two of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that mall that is way out of your league. The Bridgeport Village mall. It has all of the high end stores. I wish I would of know you were going there. I would of told you to go to Mio Gelato and get some Gelato. It is SOOOO good. Everytime we pass, my mother-in-law wants to go in. And you should of called me about Bajio's. It by the Clackamas mall. Oh well. I am glad you two had fun.