Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christmas at Our House

After we bought our house David really wanted to have every holiday and every family get together at our house. Well I knew that wasn't going to happen, but somehow we convinced the Fackrell's to come for Christmas! We got together on Christmas Eve and just had appetizers and played games and hung out. After we put the kiddos to bed the adults all got ready for Christmas morning. We actually stayed up WAY TOO LATE just chatting. It was probably one of my FAVORITE parts this Christmas! Bridger woke up just after 7:00 Christmas morning, so I got up and fed him and by 8:00 still none of the kids were up. So we ended up just waking them up! Crazy kids! Sadly I didn't get many pictures, (I was still trying to help Cambree with her camera) and none of the present opening. I was hoping to open presents one by one to see what everyone got...but it didn't go that way and was a bit chaotic. I pretty much missed all of what everyone opened included what David got. I was trying to juggle Bridger, Cambree with her presents, and my own presents. Oh well, I guess we live and learn. Things don't always go how we want them too. We had a great Christmas anyway, and got REALLY spoiled!

Grandma Fackrell and Bridger!


Cambree LOVES her Uncle Spencer!


So I wanted my kiddos to have matching Christmas jammies. I don't know if I was just looking at the wrong stores but I could not find any anywhere that had matching ones that were in smaller then 12 months for Bridger and 3T for Cambree. So I just settled on getting Bridger the 12 month size. They were a little bit big but really not HUGE so they worked.


Waiting to see what Santa brought.




Finding the goods in her stocking. She got lots of bath things in her stocking! She has asked to take a bath multiple times a day since then! Her favorite being the color tablets that change your bath water different colors!

Santa brought her a kitchen set! She also got bedding for her new big girl bed. We are in the midst of painting and redoing her room so when it is complete you will see it! (The big present in the background is a big clock David got me, I LOVE it)!

Her other favorite thing CHOCOLATE! This one is ALL girl! Lots of times when she is frustrated or sad she will come tell me she just needs some chocolate! She is too funny!

We spent the day lounging around in our P.J's, my favorite! Then we had a ham and lasagna dinner with the missionaries. I wish I would have taken more pictures...but I didn't. It was actually really fun to have the missionaries over for dinner, I felt like we were doing something other then just dwelling on ourselves and the commercial side of Christmas, and they shared a nice little message. We also talked to John, in Mexico. He seems to be doing really well and now has less then 6 months before he comes home. I CANNOT believe it has almost been two years since he left. CRAZY!

9 comments:

Ty Robbins said...

Those jammies are awesome!!! I love them. I'm glad you had such a great Christmas!

Jenny said...

I love the jammies! We had the missionaries over for the Christmas before last and it was a blast. I would love to do it again sometime.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Cambree is so funny! We're definately going to ask the Easter Bunny for some of those water color change tablets!

The Mechams said...

Cute, I'm glad Christmas turned out so well, and was even happier to get to see you guys as much as we did. The older post are cute too, I love the photo shoot for the cousin, super cute

Arianne said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas at your own house... Having family over is wonderful!

Harper said...

What cute kiddos! Cambree looks like a miniature Dakota Fanning! :)

CAMI said...

I am glad my child isnt the only one who eats weird things!

Your kids are so cute- your lil boy is handsome -Congrats

Petersons said...

Ok, matching pj's are the cutest thing I've ever seen! So excited that you have a house too!

Heather said...

There is something so awesome about holidays at your house, glad you had a great time!