Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's Hard

Sometimes this being a Mother thing is HARD.

It's HARD not to laugh when a certain girl comes out of her bedroom at 9:30 at night looking like this:


It is HARD not to be mad at a certain girl when she is innocently trying to play with her brother!


It is especially HARD to be mad at that certain girl when she gives you this "cheese" when you ask her what she is doing!!


On a not so light note we took away the "mimi" (binky). It was 11:00 last night and i was curled up in my bed crying my eyeballs out while I listened to my precious little girl SCREAMING her eyeballs out because we just took away her "security object" now that was HARD.

Don't even get me started on the potty training thing. I started three days ago and I think we have both given up for the time being. IT'S HARD to potty train a stubborn little girl!

This past Sunday Elder Holland was visiting our stake here in Pasco. He said some very profound things and gave us all a wonderful blessing. But one thing that he said that has really stuck with me as this, "The men in this church are great, but the women of this church are EXTRAORDINARY." I like to think it is during all of the HARD things we as mother's have to do that we need to cling to our extraordinary qualities, because we all have them. I had to dig deep last night to remember I can do HARD things as I cried into my pillow because there was no way to comfort my crying little girl. I felt a little extraordinary for just a moment.

BUT...despite all of the HARD things, I get to see these two ADORABLE faces each day and it makes all those HARD things worth it.






8 comments:

Samantha said...

Dang you are brave. Kyle and I keep talking about when we are going to take away our kids nutsies. I think we are going to do it in January as our new years resolution! haha Oh Owen is just going to be BROKENHEARTED. But you're probably past the hardest part- that first night. I hope it gets easier.

kylee said...

Your kids are so cute. I love that Cambree was playing with Bridger by piling stuff on top of him. Too funny.
And the binki....yeah that is always hard to get rid of. I feel for you. We cut the end off of Brynlee's binki and told her it was broken. We were going to let her go to bed with it like that but she didn't want it because it was broken. It still took her awhile to get over it but she finally did. And every now and then I will find her with Bostons....anyway, hopefully things go a little better tonight! Good luck!

Dana Scarbrough said...

oh man! I'm so glad right now that Caleb never wanted a pacifier! She will be okay, and will eventually potty train- even if its at 3!

DJ and Melissa said...

Evalie wasn't interested in potty training until she spent the day with her friend who had started to potty train. Now she's obsessed with it. Maybe all you need is a play date with a little girl who is potty training. I'm sure you'd like to get down to one kid in diapers.

Ty Robbins said...

You do have some pretty dang cute kids! I hope the binky and potty training go better. I think I have to agree with Elder Holland. We church-going womenfolk are pretty dang amazing!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Life as a mother is definitely hard sometimes. Cute pictures. I thought it was considerate of Cambree to at least put soft things on her brother like clothes. Oh the potty training thing, that is something the parents have to do? I just thought that the child do it completely on there own sometime. :) J/K I'm not looking forward to it.

Cassidy said...

Carter used to cover Meg up all the time too! haha. I love it when the kids play together and get along. It gives me hope. They are soooo cute!!!
Does Cambree have a blankey or something to subsitute the binky? Carter turned more to his blankets after that. Maybe if it's still hard you can go get her a new doll or something to sleep with at night instead? I don't know. Good luck! Bridger looks like David in some of those pics!!

The Mechams said...

Awe, Tiffy you know how to put things into perspective. I certianly have not felt extraordinary lately, but I know that we moms deal with lots. Thanks for the funny insights. Miss you can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks