Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dip, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Dress #1

Here is the long awaited post! Sorry it took me forever! We have been packing a little everyday so hopefully by the time we leave in a week and a half it will magically all be done!! HA, but we really have been doing a little each day, and it is usually the cleaning that gets to me because it always takes way longer then I think it will. I mean our apartment isn't that big! We have our apartment stuff squared away in Kennewick, our budget truck is rented, David's physicals and paperwork for work are all done, now David just needs to graduate!! Just 9 more days!

So Cambree is Obsessed with "dip" any kind really, as long as she can dip something in it she wants it. It was the ranch dressing but now that we are all out and I am not buying new before we move she will take ketchup, other dressings, and she even tries to convince me she wants soy sauce or hot sauce. Don't worry I haven't given in to the last two! She hangs on the fridge door saying "dip" until I open it and she picks which dip she wants! I try to give her foods to dip into them but really she just ends up using her finger or licking the dip bowl. She is a goof. She also thinks she needs dip when eating peas and turkey!

This picture cracks me up because it is a total Cambree face when I am trying to distract her when she doesn't want to be!! (note there is a carrot on her tray that she was dipping, but really just licking it off, then she decided other ways worked better!

Just licking the bowl was one way (side note: we were at a restaurant having lettuce wraps and it comes with a sauce to dip them in, she drank the sauce and was mad when it was all gone)!

The finger works pretty good too!
Ok so this post has some random pictures thrown in too. The other day we had a bunch of boxes packed up and instead of cramping our living space we decided to just haul them to our storage unit, so David and I were back and forth putting boxes in the car and I turn around and see Cambree walking around outside reading a book. it totally reminded me of Belle on Beauty and the Beast! Of course once I grabbed the camera she closed the book, but you get the idea!


For Thanksgiving it was pretty low key for us. David got up and played football that morning. Cambree and I stayed in and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Probably my most favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving. When David got home we made a couple of pies, and some rolls (Rhodes)! We headed over to my Cousin's house in Rigby that afternoon. A lot of cousins and their families were there along with my aunt and uncle and my brother. There was about 28 of us total. The food was GREAT! Cambree didn't want to eat much. She really just wanted to play, plus she had been eating turkey nonstop all week so I knew once Thanksgiving actually came she wouldn't want anything to do with it! I tried not to give her so much during the week but she was constantly asking for it and I just can't say no to her sometimes! We sat around and chatted and then played a few games. Then it was off to put Cambree to bed, she was tired!
Saturday we had a girl day and made a super cute craft and went and saw Twilight. I know I was probably the last person to see it. It was good, I liked it. I thought it was pretty close to the book, or at least what I remember, it has been a while since I read the books. However being a Jacob fan he didn't really do it for me in the movie. Oh and Carlisle was weird looking for me. I also have to say that I laughed when Edward made his appearance and not from infatuation! I thought he looked really funny at first and his entrance made me laugh, but I can say he definitely grew on me by the end!

This dress my Mom bought on a super sale last Christmas. Since it has a Christmas tree on it I wanted her to get as much wear out of it as possible so she wore it this Sunday. Plus David and I found a stellar deal on a BEAUTIFUL dress on Friday so that will be her Christmas dress for the Sunday before Christmas. This girl is getting hard to take pictures of, she doesn't stand for very long for me to get a good picture. (plus my shutter is the world's slowest, I hate it)
This is what she did when I told her to say cheese, what a little goober!

Here is a better one, still not looking at the camera, and I think this was after church so her hair is a little messy!
This is the best one I could get before church. Halloween straw and toothbrush in hand! At least she was looking at the camera and you can see the dress and her cute little piggy tails! I curled her hair all up and when I put them in the pig tails I thought she looked EXACTLY like my little Quint dolls I had when I was little! Her little tights have trees down the sides too! She is getting better about going to nursery. She cries for the first few seconds I leave but then she gets distracted and she stays in the whole time, YAY!! I sure hope we have good nursery leaders in Kennewick that will be okay with her crying at first and just distract her a little!

Cambree's first beater experience! And standing in my shoes. She is obsessed with shoes!

Tonight I was packing up the desk and found some little smiley face stickers Cambree was in "sticky" heaven! She had them all over her but this picture doesn't show them all. She is getting so big!
This post is getting really long but one last story that completely cracked me up. I put Cambree to bed tonight and sat at the computer to start this post. I could hear Cambree talking a little bit in her bed. I sneezed and I hear "bless you" from her bedroom! Oh I laughed so hard. She did it earlier when David was in the shower and she and I were in the Kitchen. David sneezed in the shower and she yelled "bless you" She is so polite!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

She is so cute and getting so big. I was laughing at the dip and sticker stories. My Aubrey loves both of those to and does the same thing with them.

laska said...

what a cute dress! and you weren't the last person to see twilight...

Jensen said...

It is crazy how fast they grow up! We are going to miss you guys when you move! Good luck with your packing and moving! If you need someone to watch Cambree for a couple of hours while you pack/clean just let us know! Nathanial says "bless you" too, it is cute!