Fackrell Family

Fackrell Family

Monday, October 6, 2008

Spiritually Fed

I love General Conference weekend. I kept pointing out to David that it was going by WAY too fast! I remember it being MUCH longer when I was little, and I don't think I even did the Saturday sessions!

As always there were many good things spoken and with lots of love and full of the spirit. These were truly men and women of God that we had the privilege of listening to this weekend. Here were a few notes that I took that really hit me.

L. Tom Perry - One of the challenges of life is to not let stress get to us. Simplify our lives.

Neil L. Andersen - We don't know everything, but we know enough. Faith is not just a feeling but a decision. We choose faith. Fear and Faith cannot coexist in our hearts at the same time.

Deiter F. Uchtdorf - With hope we can have patience in our inflictions. We need to have hope even when everything around us contradicts it. The things we hope for lead us to faith, and the things we hope in leads us to charity. Hope gives us reason to rejoice. (I just kept thinking about the economic and financial problems are country is having, we just need to have hope, faith, and charity).

Jeffrey R. Holland - The last days are not a time to fear and tremble. They are a time to be believing and keep our covenants.

Lawrence E. Corbridge - Jesus Christ is the way. There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment, any other way is madness.

Elaine S. Dalton - The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare.

President Thomas S. Monson - Nothing is as constant as change. This is our only chance at mortal life. Here and now. "If you pile up a lot of tomorrow's you've collected a lot of empty yesterday's " (The Music Man) The problems to be solved are never more important than the people to be loved.

Russell M. Nelson - Salvation is an individual matter while exaltation is a family matter.

There was much more counsel and guidance, but these were some things that I really thought about and stuck out to me as they were spoken. I always come away from conference wanting to be better, do better, and act better.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I know that my Savior lives and that he knows me by name. I know that he will answer my prayers and is just waiting for each of us to let him into our lives. I know that he has a true and living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, on this earth today. I know each of us can receive personal revelation to help and guide us throughout our lives. I know that I am a daughter of God and that someday, if I keep my covenants, I will return to live with him someday and have all that he has. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have and I pray everyday that I can do everything I can to reach that goal of exaltation and to teach my family the things that will bring them the most happiness in this life and reach exaltation with me.

1 comment:

Arianne said...

Tiffany I can't believe how beautiful your little daughter is, you all look so happy!!! I know your mom and dad must be so proud of you, you have turned into a wonderful, beautiful young women.

Sometimes life takes us down the right path because of the choices that we make-like you, Anya and Katie but sometimes others need to learn the hard way. Alissa is doing wonderful with Brody, I hope and pray she can find her path and be happy.
I am so glad that you found us, I will add you to our blog so I can check in on your BEAUTIFUL family.